Florissant, MO DUI Attorney
If you or someone you know is currently dealing with the distressing situation of being charged with a DUI, it’s natural to feel overwhelmed and unsure about what steps to take.
It goes without saying that a DUI charge carries significant weight and can have lasting consequences. This life-changing event has the potential to impact various areas of your life for an extended period, including employment prospects, driving records, insurance rates, and even personal freedom.
By seeking the assistance of an experienced DUI lawyer with extensive experience in cases like yours, you have already taken an important initial step towards getting the necessary help to either reduce or completely dismiss your charges. It is imperative that you seek the immediate assistance of a skilled DUI defense attorney to take care of your case. Time is limited; failing to act quickly will result in your driver’s license being suspended. In fact, if 15 days pass from the date of taking the breathalyzer test, your license could be suspended for up to six months. If you refused to undergo this test altogether, within 30 days your license could face suspension for up to one year.
The clock is ticking and requires immediate action on your part. Waste no time—get in touch with our highly capable Florissant DUI attorney today for a free initial consultation so we can begin proceedings on your behalf. Our goal is twofold: protecting your driving privileges by preventing any loss while also minimizing any negative consequences that may arise regarding both your personal life and your reputation.
Range Of Penalties For A Missouri DUI/DWI Conviction
Missouri has varying penalties for DUI (Driving Under the Influence) or DWI (Driving While Intoxicated), which depend on factors like prior offenses and level of intoxication. Below is a general overview of Missouri’s penalties for first to third offenses:
- Degree: Ranging from misdemeanor to felony
- Loss of License: Suspension lasting 30 days up to license revocation for 10 years
- Fines: From $500 all the way up to $5,000
- Confinement: Potential confinement ranging from six months to four years
- Completion of Substance Abuse Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Installation of Ignition Interlock Device (IID): May be optional or mandatory depending on circumstances
In cases involving aggravating factors such as high blood alcohol concentration, causing severe bodily harm or death, or driving with a suspended or revoked license, punishments can become even harsher.
If you find yourself facing charges related to DUI/DWI in Missouri, it is highly recommended that you seek advice from our experienced attorneys. We offer tailored guidance based on your specific case details and work toward safeguarding your rights.
Common Defenses For DUI/DWI Charges
Recognizing the importance of tailoring defense strategies to fit specific circumstances is essential when it comes to minimizing or invalidating a DUI charge. Here are some common defenses that may be applicable to your particular case:
- Lack of Probable Cause: If the police officer stopped your car without a good basis or reasonable grounds to suspect you were driving under the influence, you may be entitled to contest the traffic stop.
- Inaccurate Field Sobriety Tests: Field sobriety tests, such as the walk-and-turn or one-leg stand, are subjective and subject to a variety of factors.
- Faulty Breathalyzer or Blood Test: Breathalyzers and blood tests assess blood alcohol content. However, these tests may be inaccurate. Defenses may include challenging testing equipment reliability or calibration.
- Rising Blood Alcohol Defense: Your BAC may grow after you stop driving because alcohol absorbs slowly. Your BAC may actually have been below the legal limit if you drank soon before driving.
- Medical Conditions or Medications: Medications can cause intoxication-like symptoms. It may be a defense to show that a medical condition or medicine influenced your field sobriety test or breathalyzer results.
- Violation of Miranda Rights: If you were not properly informed of your Miranda rights, any statements you made during the arrest may be inadmissible in court.
Our experienced Florissant DUI attorneys can evaluate the specific details of your case and determine the most appropriate defense strategy. We can provide personalized advice and guidance based on the laws in your jurisdiction and help protect your rights throughout the legal process.
Fighting DUI Charges Is What We Do!
We understand that facing a DUI charge can be overwhelming, especially if it’s your first time. However, as experienced DUI defense lawyers with over 25 years of practice, we have encountered hundreds of cases throughout our careers. Our extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with different DUI scenarios allows us to navigate the legal framework and procedures effectively. Moreover, we are familiar with the judges and prosecutors in your jurisdiction, which gives us valuable insights for approaching your case strategically.
With Michael Reid Legal Solutions, you can trust that we are fully prepared to advocate on your behalf and put forth every effort to achieve the best possible outcome for you. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today so that we can discuss the specific details of your situation and start working diligently on building a strong defense without any delay!
Request a Consultation
"*" indicates required fields